Friday, March 6, 2009

freshly-baked tats

I do not have any tattoos. I am far too fickle to commit to a design, and I am far too vain to endure the ravages that gravity will inflict on intricately-detailed ink in my dermis. However, I am fascinated by the decorated masses. At a photo shoot a few years ago, I met a hairstylist with all manner of colorful, quirky designs covering her arms, my favorite being two crossed ice cream cones circled with the words "Bad to the Cone." While I got a hearty chuckle out of that, I'm not sure I'd want my bicep to be a joke. Still, I find girls with tattoos of adorable cupcakes and ice cream cones (like this tat from Flickr user Sweet Avenue Bake Shop) to be infinitely more badass than bikers with armfuls of menacing skulls and shanks. Because as you settle into middle-aged pudge, it's going to take guts to own the fact that the five-layer mocha fudge brownie cake inked on your arm isn't ironic anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment